Saturday 4 February 2012

Two Years Too Late?

BY Unknown No comments

My friend Rahel and I got talking recently about what we were going to wear to our graduation in the summer and we both felt it would be good to wear our traditional attire; whilst my Rahel wants to wear traditional Eritrean Zurya, I'm really keen on putting a western twist on the traditional Nigerian Ankara. This trend first emerged in the mainstream in 2010, but in my opinion its a trend that will never go out of style as it's a great way to incorporate both my Nigerian heritage and British Nationality.

(2012)
Kate  Bosworth proved the trend is still in full force when she wore this Burberry dress last month. I never would have imagined Burberry designing something like this. I love the design, understated sexy and sophisticated.

(2010)
This top and skirt combo is by Boxing Kitten, this trend definitely suits Alicia and the colour really makes her skin glow.

(2010)
I think Fergie looks really cool in this Boxing Kitten playsuit, I don't know if it's something that I could pull off though, I'd prefer to mix the shorts with a plain blouse.

(2010)
Rihanna looks good in this Suno playsuit, it really flatters her pear shaped body.

 (2010)
I really like this Suno dress Maria Sharpova is wearing and it looks even better on the model below.

(2010)
This dress worn by Rachel Bilson is my favourite! I'm slyly cheating because it's actually a dress inspired by Kenyan cloth but I love the colour, print, design, length, everything! This is the look I want to achieve for my graduation and I've made it my mission to find this Suno dress. Wish me luck.


(2011)
I don't really like the print on these Aldo wedges but I do like the idea mixing Ankara and footwear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment