Tuesday 29 January 2013

Check Mate...

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , , , , , , 2 comments

The hottest celebrity trend on the red carpet right now has to be the Louis Vuitton 60s inspired checkered prints. 
Jessica alba showed the checkered look can be pulled off by curvier figures in monochrome and midi length at the Golden Globes afterparty. Kerry Washington on the other hand opted for a figure skimming version catered to slimline figures at the Django Unchained premiere.

Kirsten Dunst donned a floor length version. I like it on Kirsten but personally that's way to much print for me. I would stick to midi and mini versions.

My faves have to be the mini dress worn by Miroslava Duma and Miranda Kerr. I also love the matching jacket Miroslava added to her look.

Kristen Stewart was one of the first celebs to rock the checkered look in a playsuit at the Breaking Dawn Part II photocall last year in Tokyo.

 This is a tricky trend to try at home but I've seen some more subtle checkered pieces from Topshop and River Island.

2 comments: